May 5 , 2014
15 Things That Describe What It’s Like To Be The Youngest Kid In An Indian Family
1. Everywhere you go, you are introduced as "Mera sabse chota baccha."
What happened to my name? I like my name.
2. No matter how old you are, you'll always be a baby in everyone's eyes.
"I am a big boy/girl now! See, no diapers!"
3. You are not allowed to have an opinion.
Even if you do have one, it counts for shit.
4. If something goes missing at your place; be it a pen or a pin. It’s YOU. YOU. YOU.
I'm innocent I tell you, innocent!
5. First, they take all our decisions for us, then they call us indecisive.
Fuck My Life.
6. You've never seen new clothes in your life. You only get hand-me-downs.
We live the HOBO life.
7. When you're at a family gathering, your cheeks become a giant bulls-eye for everyone above the age of 40.
Yes, go ahead, I've always wanted bull-dog cheeks.
8. You never really learn the value of money.
You don’t earn but you spend. When you earn, you don’t save. When you save, you spend too much. Again, FUCK. MY. LIFE.
9. You actually never grow up.
When you're treated like a child your whole life, you start believing you are one.
10. Anything you ask for is a "zidd."
What am I? Oliver Twist?
11. Your whole family & your family’s family have an eye on your FB updates & check-ins.
The CIA could take a few lessons from snoopy Indian relatives.
12. No matter what you do, someone or the other will always say, "Tum haath se nikal gaye ho!"
13. You always try to prove that you have grown up.
Trying to act over-smart, eh? STFU.
14. Whenever you're sweet to your parents, they always think you want something.
Sorry I annoyed you with my love...
15. And this is by far the worst, "Learn something from your elder brother/sister."
Yeah... How about 'No?'
We all face a ton of hurdles when we're young. They seem really enormous and difficult at the time, but with a little help, we can overcome anything that comes in our way. If you've got something that's got you down, visit Advice Adda and talk it out.
Gif Source: giphy
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Our newsletters will light up your inbox