13 Things That Indian Girls Are Tired Of Hearing
May 9 , 2014
When you're a girl in India, you have to listen to a lot of people saying a lot of things. Concerned relatives, over-protective parents and patronising elder brothers, everyone's got some saintly advice or the other to help you get through life and be a sanskaari, successful woman. Well how about this? Nope. We are tired of hearing;
1. “Beta! You should know how to cook!"
What they mean: We've started planning for your marriage.
2. “You must know how to tie a sari & get that drape right."
What they mean: You're definitely getting married.
3. “Every girl should get married by 25, no matter what!”
What they mean: You're getting married next week.
4. “ It's not good to hang around with guys all the time.”
What they mean: "What will Mrs. Sharma say?"
5. “Oh! So you're sure you can carry off that short dress?”
What they mean: It appears you have hit puberty.
6. “You look so pretty with long hair!”
What they mean: Get a hair-cut and we'll disown you.
7. “Why are you talking so loudly? You're a lady!”
What they mean: "Mrs. Sharma ke husband kya sochengey?"
8. “Be back by 11!”
What they mean: No boyfriends.
9. “You have become so tan! Why don't you take care of your skin?”
What they mean: "Kal ladkeywaley aa rahey hain."
10. "To whom do you keep speaking to over the phone all night?"
What they mean: We know you have a boyfriend. And we don't like it.
11. "Why are you glued to your phone all the time?"
What they mean: Talking to that boyfriend of yours, eh?
12. " Why are you always so decked up whenever you go out?"
What they mean: Where are your sanskaars?
Subscribe to ScoopWhoop. Our newsletters will light up your inbox.
An Online Fashion Brand Did For Its Workers What It Does For Its Customers. They Couldn’t Be Happier