Virender Sehwag's funda in cricket has been pretty straight forward. See ball, hit ball. There isn't much thinking involved and that has probably made him who he is today. A legend. When he used to hit 'em, they used to stay hit. I think that's the mantra he follows in life too, or at least on Twitter. See news, tweet news.
Don't get me wrong, some of his tweets are so funny that they will floor you. But some are just out there because, why not?
Having said that, here are 10 times Sehwag won our hearts on Twitter even after hanging up his boots:
1. Now that's a winner!
When you have a performer like AshWin,You Win and also do Ash. Congratulations@ashwinravi99 on having an outstanding match, great win G N— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) July 24, 2016
2. He wished, respected and trolled Pakistan's cricket legend, Zaheer Abbas, in the same tweet.
Happy Bday Zaheer Abbas Sir.It is true that when he batted against India,we used to say Zaheer "Ab Bas" kar, also Sunny G's only test wkt.— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) July 24, 2016
3. Speaking of trolling Pakistani's, he couldn't leave behind his frenemy, the Rawalpindi Express.
Very good team Shoaib Bhai, many legends ,but still couldn't beat India in any World Cup.Still searching for Mauka 😀— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) May 28, 2016
4. If only Serena could read this.
5. Wishing his ex-Delhi Daredevil teammate on his birthday. That's a compliment only Delhiites will understand
A very happy birthday @KP24.When we used to play for Delhi,I always thought,This KP will send the ball to CP 😃 pic.twitter.com/hRJWoUPiDW— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) June 27, 2016
6. Say goodbye to those boring no smoking ads before movies. This is the real deal.
7. Now that's how you wish your captain. And don't miss the hashtag!
Happy Birthday @msdhoni .May you keep doing Anhoni ko Honi.#NationalHelicopterDay pic.twitter.com/PGHp9M6gNT— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) July 7, 2016
8. Speaking of super cool hashtags. I bet this motivated Saina a lot!
9. Trolling KKR's bowling attack.
KKR bowling attackHolder and Morne#KKRvSRH pic.twitter.com/vTfkuPanpP— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) May 25, 2016
10. In the end, we leave you with sound advice.
Aankhein band karne Se nahi,tension free hone Se nahi,thakne Se bhi nahi,Aaj ke zamaane me to WiFi band karne Se hi neend aati hai— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) June 16, 2016