Sage tea is a herb used in cooking that adds a distinct aroma to your dishes but not many know about the various health and skin benefits this herb has to offer. Here are 10 health and skin benefits of consuming sage tea:
1. The anti-inflammatory properties of sage tea aid in treating gastrointestinal disorder, throat infection and mouth infection as it reduces the swelling.
2. Acetylcholine found in sage tea boosts concentration, memory and it is also beneficial for people suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
3. High in iron content, sage tea regulates circulation of red blood cells that remove free radicals from the body and ensure proper functioning of body parts.
4. Thujone compound present in sage tea is responsible for increasing the serotonin and endorphin levels that help in uplifting mood and boosting energy levels.
5. Consuming sage tea assists in protecting the lipids in the liver against damage as it is rich in antioxidant properties.
6. Calcium and phosphorus in sage tea ensures proper functioning of the cardiovascular system and dealing with high levels of cholesterol.
7. Muscle spasms are caused due to deficiency of magnesium and the antispasmodic properties in sage tea helps to get rid of spasms, cramps and stiffness.
8. Anti-bacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of sage tea is a good cure for oily skin, regenerating deal skin cells and curing acne.
9. Considered as a good astringent, sage tea helps in removing dandruff and the presence of 5-alpha reductase aides in curing baldness and promoting growth of hair.
10. Loaded with beta carotene and vitamin K, sage tea repairs under eye tissues, reduces under eye swelling and dark circles.
Live a healthier life!