Cocoa butter is the main ingredient in most chocolates that adds the creamy, smooth texture to it that we all love. However, there are other benefits of cocoa butter for the skin and overall health that not many are aware of.
Here are 10 health and skin benefits of incorporating cocoa butter in your daily life.
1. Having chocolate with cocoa butter in it helps in boosting mood as it raises endorphin and serotonin levels in the brain.
2. Considered as a good source of fat, cocoa butter aides in the process of digestion as it releases bile- a natural laxative in the digestive tract.
3. Consuming cocoa butter can reduce the risk of cancer as the polyphenols found in it help to fight tumors and cancerous cells.
4. Get a softer, fuller pout by applying cocoa butter on your chapped lips to moisturize, hydrate and heal them.
5. Applying cocoa butter to your skin reduces stretch marks, lightens uneven skin tone and promises to give you smooth soft skin like a baby.
6. Treat painful mouth blisters with cocoa butter as it can relief your pain instantly and reduce the inflammation as it has anti-inflammatory properties in it.
7. Reduce fine lines and wrinkles by using cocoa butter as it is rich in polyphenols-an antioxidant that rejuvenates the skin inside out.
8. Polyphenols present in cocoa butter also help to keep infectious bacteria at bay, fight DNA damage and strengthen the immune system.
9. Rich in flavonols and phytochemicals, cocoa butter aides in preventing neuronal cell damage and protecting cellular membranes which in turn can reduce the risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson disease.
10. Make your hair glossy and smoother by applying cocoa butter as a conditioner as it deeply nourishes hair strands and promotes hair growth.
Include cocoa butter in your daily regime to reap its skin and health benefits, okay?