Exactly 12 years ago in the year 2004, when Bollywood was releasing films like Dhoom, Yuva, Veer Zaara and Swades, amidst them came another a film like Lakshya. A film that spoke about coming of age so well that it gave us goals and motivation and changed our lives in so many ways. Lakshya may not have been a great commercial success. But what it ended up becoming was more of a benchmark in any society, any profession any given era.
Let's remember all the moments when Lakshya stirred us with nothing but motivation.
1. It all started when Romi's father (MK Raina) told Karan that it doesn't matter what job you do... the integrity lies in the perfection you put in it's presentation.
2. Soon Karan had a huge fight with his father (Boman Irani) when the latter insulted for mindlessly applying in the army. That's when Preity Zinta perfectly explained the difference between determination and stubbornness.
3. Filmmaker Farhan Akhtar is known to be a feminist. Through Romi's character and situation, the director showed why feminism is a much needed debate in today's times. The time when Preity Zinta chose to walk away from her engagement as she did not want to compensate with her dreams and career.
4. Karan ran away from the camp and that didn't seem to impress Romi at all. Let's face it, Karan changed because she broke up with him. Thank God for the breakup!
5.The importance of both man and woman's choices in a relationship.. That is if they chose to be in one. Remember the phone conversation they had?
6. Amidst their love story we also got a glimpse of the life of a soldier. Romi wanted to aspire for her dreams and cover the Kargil war on spot that's where she meets a transformed Karan.
7. Karan was in the war zone and his father was comfortably seated on a sofa watching TV, when suddenly he receives a call from his son .Only to be proud of the fact that his son had indeed grown up. That conversation made him feel the honour of his son.
8. While watching the film, a question arose, why war? why the bloodshed ? It was Om Puri's character which beautifully explained the tragic reality of the scenario.
9. Romi understood that Karan had changed. He was no longer the aimless brat she broke up with. She was falling in love again, this time with a more sorted man who had a firm head on his shoulders.
10. Finally breaking all boundaries and fighting all the national enemies, Karan literally made it to the top and made his country proud.