"Fit is not a destination. It is a way of life." - Unknown
The Silicon Valley of India might be famous for its amazing weather and hole-in-the-wall bars. But there’s one thing that the entire nation doesn’t really know about this city, and that’s the fact that people here take fitness very seriously. Don’t believe us? Well, let us change your mind:
1. For Bangaloreans, running on the treadmill is passé. They prefer climbing their way up in Bouldering gyms.
Now, that's how you reach your peak fitness levels.
2. There's a badminton court in almost every nook and cranny of the city.
Also, Prakash Padukone has his Badminton academy in Bengaluru. So if you're lucky, you might just run into Deepika Padukone while she's playing around here.
3. Yoga in the park is a common sight, and most participants are in their 20s and 30s. Needless to say, Bengaluru has a crazy number of Yoga centres.
You won't find such large numbers of people practicing Yoga together in any other city.
4. People in Bengaluru love the outdoors. At Cubbon Park, people use the nature as gym equipment, as they climb trees and lift rocks. The more adventurous ones stay fit with slacklining.
Who says you need to spend thousands on a gym membership or expensive equipment to meet your fitness goals?
5. Bangaloreans love the paleo diet. They understand that fitness is not only about the exercises one does, but just as much about the food one consumes.
What's paleo, you ask?
6. There are 24*7 gyms in the city. Working late is no longer an acceptable excuse for not working out.
Midnight workout sessions will make sure you sleep like a log.
7. Fitness regimes like CrossFit, Zumba, Kalari, Kick-Boxing and Parkour are becoming increasingly popular in Bengaluru.
You will never get bored of working out.
8. Cycling is quite a rage in Bengaluru. There are many cycling groups in the city who meet regularly to explore the terrains on their bicycles.
If only Delhi was bicycle friendly, the city wouldn't need the odd-even rule.
9. There are many dedicated Krav Maga institutes in Bengaluru. People of this city not only want to be fit, but strong as well.
Better not mess with the city's girls.
10. There are also many dedicated Mixed Martial Arts centres. The key word here is "dedicated."
Actually, don't mess with anyone from Bengaluru.
While people from other cities also like to stay fit and work out quite a bit, Bengaluru has a holistic approach to health and fitness. With so many options, you will never get bored of a workout routine. If you're a Bangalorean and proud of your city, tweet your fitness pictures with #FittestCityBLR, and tell the world how you make Bengaluru fit.
Image for Masthead and feature image has been sourced from planethollywoodgoa.com
In association with #FittestCityBLR