Who doesn't love desserts? The sweet, sweet sin of that piece of chocolate melting in your mouth is no less than an orgasm. But we wish making a dessert was as easy as hogging on one. But what if we told you it is?
Yes, you don't have to be a Masterchef to make a dessert. Not just that, you can make extremely delicious desserts with absolutely no-baking process involved. Yes! And you don't even need 100 odd ingredients that you've never heard of, for it. Already on the edge of your seat, eh? Well, I have some really good news for all you dessert-loving folks. I have found some easy-peasy no-bake dessert recipes that you can make at home all by yourself!
Here are 10 no-bake dessert recipes for you to try at home:
1. Salted Caramel Popcorn
Steps to make Salted Caramel Popcorn:
- Pop the kernels in a pressure cooker with an inverted lid. Set them aside in a bowl.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan until completely melted and add brown sugar. Let it boil for 3 minutes.
- While the caramel boils, mix together the salt and baking soda. After 3 minutes of boiling, add the mixed salt and baking soda and stir well.
- Take the pan off the heat and pour it in batches on the popcorn. Stir the popcorn each time after pouring the caramel.
- Let it cool slightly.
Voila! No-bake salted caramel popcorn are ready to be enjoyed with a movie.
2. Turtle Cookies
Instructions to make Dulche De Leche:
- Take a can of sweetened condensed milk, remove the label and place it in a pan.
- Fill the pan with water until the can is fully immersed in it.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for 3 hours.
- Remove the water from the pan and let it cool completely before using.
Steps to make Turtle Cookies:
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper and set aside. (You can also use aluminium foil if you don't have any)
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, milk, salt and vanilla in a large pot. Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat, whisking often.
- Let it boil for 1 minute and then add oats and coconut to the pot. Stir until combined.
- Drop the mixture using a tablespoon on the prepared baking sheet and flatten the tops slightly using the back of the spoon.
- Let it cool and set. (To speed up this process, keep it in the refrigerator or freezer)
- Spread each cookie with generous amounts of dulche de leche and put a pecan half on top.
- Melt the chocolate chips with 1 tbsp milk. Keep stirring until it becomes smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies and let it set.
Yummy No-bake Turtle Cookies are ready to be served!
3. Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Steps to make Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- Wash and refrigerate the strawberries to prepare them for dipping.
- Pour a cup of water in a pan and bring to boil. Place a heat-proof bowl on top of the pan and empty the packet of chocolate chips into it.
- Stir gently until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove the bowl from the pan.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the baking sheet.
- Hold the strawberries by their stem and dip them into the melted chocolate. Make sure they are evenly coated on all sides.
- Place the dipped strawberries on the wax paper and let them sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the tray of strawberries into the refrigerator to ensure the chocolate is hardened.
Enjoy this yummy delight on a warm summer day!
4. Cherry Cheesecake
Steps to make Cherry Cheesecake:
- Mix the digestive biscuits and butter in a food processor till you achieve a crumbled texture.
- Press the crumble mix in a spring form tin to form the base of the cheesecake. Let it set in the refrigerator.
- Whisk cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla extract and icing sugar together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whip the cream.
- Gently fold the whipped cream in the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer the biscuit crumble base with the cream cheese mixture. Be generous.
- Let it set in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Once it's set, evenly spread the black cherry preserve on top of the cheesecake.
- Decorate the cake with fresh black cherries.
5. Chocolate Almond Cherry Crisps
Steps to make Chocolate Almond Cherry Crisps:
- Cover a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Pour a cup of water in a pan and bring it to boil. Place a heat-proof bowl on top of the pan and empty the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips into it.
- Stir gently until the chocolate completely melts. Remove the bowl from the pan.
- Add Rice Krispies and remaining ingredients to the melted chocolate. Stir quickly to combine.
- Drop the mixture onto the baking sheet using a tablespoon and let it set in the refrigerator until firm.
6. Coffee-Drenched Ice Cream With Banana And Peanuts
Steps to Coffee-Drenched Ice Cream:
- Scoop half-cup ice cream into 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl of ice cream with half a banana.
- Put two tablespoons of espresso over the bananas and ice cream.
- Add 1 and half teaspoons of peanuts to the bowls.
- Top it all off with some chocolate curls.
7. Cookies And Cream Cups
Steps to make Cookies and Cream Cups:
- Crush 15 cookies into fine crumbs. Combine them with melted butter.
- Take a 12-cup muffin pan and press the crumbs into each cup.
- Break 6 more cookies into chunks. Mix them with the softened ice cream.
- Spoon the ice cream mixture into each muffin cup.
- Crush the remaining cookies and sprinkle them over the cups.
- Put the tray into the freezer and let it set until firm.
- Remove them from the muffin cups tray.
Your very own scrumptious muffins with a twist!
8. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Steps to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Put oatmeal and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Combine milk, butter and sugar in a saucepan and boil it over a medium-high flame. Let it boil for 1 minute.
- Pour the hot milk mixture into the oatmeal and chocolate mix and stir well.
- Drop spoonfuls of it on a wax paper and let it harden before eating. To speed up the hardening process, put them in the freezer.
Perfect to eat with a steaming hot cup of tea!
9. Chocolate Fudge
Steps to make Chocolate Fudge:
- Melt the chocolate chips, condensed milk and 1/4 cup of sugar over a water bath. Mix well until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour it over a baking sheet and freeze it overnight.
- Cut into squares the next day.
Yummy chocolatey goodness ready to eat!
10. Nutella Ice Cream
Steps to make Nutella Ice Cream:
- Mix the nutella and evaporated milk with the help of a whisk or immersion blender.
- Make sure the preparation is completely homogenous.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and put it in the fridge for a few hours. Make sure it doesn't crystallize.
Makes for the perfect post-dinner treat!
Life feels instantly better with some yummy, sugary delights, especially when they're so easy to make. So go ahead, make good use of the weekend!
Design Credits: Suvojyoti Ray