No one told you life was gonna be this way?
Well, same here. There are only so many things you can do to keep yourself going when you finally hit adulthood. Watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S is one of these things.
It is safe to say that the famous sitcom has been a comfort show of sorts and we can watch it over and over again without getting bored. When life gets tough, you sit with a tub of ice cream and binge watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S and suddenly, you realize that it captures the struggles of your generation so effortlessly. So here are 20 instances where the show truly gave us a look into adulthood:
1. The first time you fill a tax return all by yourself.
2. Every time a relative tries to give you a shagan ka lifafa and you have to pretend like you don't want it.
3. When you are late for class again but your friend gave you a proxy.
4. When you have to cook for the first time after moving out.
5. When you say 'Main single hi theek hoon' but the truth is....
6. When you are at a shaadi and your bua's cousin's saas says, "Beta agla number tumhara"
7. When it seems like all your friends are either dating or getting hitched.
8. When your friend reaches for the last slice of pizza
9. When you finally discover the difference between your CTC and in-hand salary.
10. When you're stoned AF and need munchies
11. When Sharmaji wants to know about your 'aage ka plan' in life
12. When you return from you first Tinder date that didn't go so well.
13. When you're on a vacation and you get a mail from your boss.
14. And when he asks you to work on a national holiday.
15. When you finally move out of your parent's place feeling like a grown-up but the bills start pouring in.
16. When your friends stopped you from drunk dialling your ex but you didn't take the advice.
17. When your kaamwali bai goes on leave and you realize you have a love-hate relationship with her.
18. The landlord on the 1st of every month be like.
19. When Uber has 3X surge pricing going on.
20. When you have to choose between taking a shower and reaching college on time