Yes, it costs just Rs 251 and we are not kidding!
Domestic handset maker Ringing Bells's 'The Freedom 251' will be officially unveiled in New Delhi and the event will be attended by Murli Manohar Joshi, MP, with the Union defence minister Manohar Parrikar as the chief guest on Wednesday evening.
This new smartphone is in line with the Indian government’s Make in India, Digital India and Skill India programs. Booking for this smartphone starts tomorrow at 6:00AM, and the window will be open till February 21, 8:00PM.
Here are other specifications which will help you decide whether to buy this phone or not:
- Freedom 251 features a 4-inch qHD display with 960x540 pixels resolution.
- The device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system and is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor.
- It comes with 1-year warranty and the company says that it has over 650 service centers across India.
- The 1GB RAM can easily run WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter with some more space to spare for more apps.
- The phone has 8GB internal memory which can be expanded to 32GB with a micro SD card.
- The smartphone will be equipped with a 3.2MP rear camera and a 0.3MP front camera for clicking selfies.
- Its connectivity attributes include 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS.
- The phone has 1,450 mAh battery, but we can't complain much because of the low price. Make sure you keep the phone charger handy.
- The phone will have some apps pre-installed to make it more useful to the women, farmers, fishermen and everyone in general. Women Safety, Swachh Bharat, Fisherman, Farmer, Medical, Google Play, WhatsApp, Facebook, YouTube are some of the apps to be installed out of the box.