Everyone is talking about the cool places they'll be partying at, the clothes they'll wear, and all the money that they'll be spending on the New Year's eve. But you're one of the few who have decided to take a little break from this end of the year trend. Now, it might be because you're alone, broke or just want to break away from this pretentious tradition.
But who said New Year's eve has to be about a party? You can plan it in a very unconventional way as well. While most people look down upon spending time alone, you can have a whole itinerary for the last day of the year, all by yourself. Here are our suggestions:
1. Begin by making yourself a perfect breakfast. When was the last time you did it?
Most of us skip breakfast all-year long because of our schedules. So, how about giving yourself a gastronomical break on the last day of the year?
2. Put on your running shoes and go for a long jog/walk.
This would help you end 2016 on a healthy note, yes, but it will also help you recollect your thoughts and reevaluate your year.
3. Be a tourist in your own city.
Visit that one part of the city you've never laid eyes on before. You could pick a monument, museum or a street famous for food. The end of the year is a good time to admire the place that you inhabit and feel lucky about the opportunities it gives you.
4. It's a great idea to get a tattoo on the last day of the year to make the transition memorable.
You could go for something that signified 2016 for you or something that you've always wanted to get but never really found the guts to go for.
5. How many days of the year do you actually take care of yourself? So, make sure that the last day is spent pampering yourself.
Book a spa appointment or try a new haircut or hair colour. Sometimes, that new year, new you shit really helps.
6. You've lived the whole year according to rules. How about being spontaneous and planning a solo trip?
Pick any location, book tickets and just leave. Better still, take a road trip.
7. But if you want a less elaborate plan, go and buy a book that you've been wanting to read but haven't found the time for.
Get into bed, grab a big mug of hot chocolate and get readin'.
8. How about getting into your PJs, choosing your poison for the night and going on a movie marathon?
This end to the year is as comfortable as it gets and that's what it should be like, right?
9. If peace is what you're hoping for, visit one of the religious places in your city.
Staying away from the chaos and surrounding yourself with some silence will give you time to introspect. And what's a better way to connect with yourself, right?
10. You could also convince your friends to not go for parties and invite them over for a more personal get together.
Away from all the music and dancing, you and your loved ones could ring in the New Year together. May be even set up a quick bonfire?
11. Volunteer at an old-age home or an orphanage.
The experience will leave you with a smile on your face.
See, you don't always need a party to have a plan.