Porn has always intrigued us. It is fascinating and riveting. Many of us watch porn but we'd rather not admit it, and instead play safe lest somebody judges us for doing a very naturally acceptable thing. Well, the porn industry is quite big and there are many things most of us actually do not know about, even the regular, loyal customers of Pornhub.
Here are some porn facts you probably never knew:
1. The first porn movie was released in 1896.
Le Coucher de la Mariée (Bedtime for the bride) is believed to be the first ever pornographic film. It's a silent film made by Albert Kirchner under the pseudonym 'Lear' because he also used to make religious films. Now that's quite a leap. Anyway, the film was originally 7-minutes long, but only 1 minute 40 seconds of the film exist now.
2. The porn industry makes more money than the video games industry.
Globally, porn is a $97 billion industry, with almost $10-$12 billion coming from the USA itself. Whereas, the video games industry today accounts for $93 billion. The porn industry makes more than the Hollywood as well. Who would have thought!
3. Los Angeles County was the centre of the porn world.
San Fernando in LA used to be the porn hub of the world before a law was passed in 2012 making it mandatory for all adult movies shot in LA to use condoms. Because of this most porn production companies moved on to California and Nevada where it was easier to get permits for shoots.
4. The wage gap is reversed in the porn industry. This is the only industry where females get paid more than their male counterparts.
And to add to it, if the male actor does not climax at the end of the shoot, his pay is cut significantly.
5. Pornographers decide how you watch a movie.
The deciding factor in what format you watch your movies in is actually porn. With porn making more movies than Hollywood, their format choice has the power to decide in which format your movie comes out. Right now they prefer Sony's Blu-ray technology choosing over the HD-DVD format as it gives them a better resolution.
6. There are people called fluffers who are hired to arouse the male before a scene starts.
Shoots tend to go for long hours which can have negative effects on the male actor, making it hard for him to be aroused.
7. Since men earn less than their female counterparts, they do gay porn as that pays thrice the amount than heterosexual porn.
8. Australia bans porn with women with A-cup breasts.
Now that's just sizist. If you like small breasts, then Australia is probably not the country to watch porn.
9. Male porn actors take Caverject- a drug that they inject straight to the penis - to maintain an erection.
Now that must hurt like hell.
10. Porn websites have been found out to be safer than the normal websites.
That's some super solid cyber security.