As you drag your steps towards your house, the aftermath of a long day at work weighs down heavily on your shoulders. You open the door, and the couch seems only too inviting. As you flop down and lay your head back, you know there is only one thing that can pull you out of this exhaustive stupor. You go to the kitchen, take out a pan and get to work.
Moments later, there it is: the familiar smell of piping hot tea. You take a deep whiff, and your senses are overwhelmed by the smell of ginger, tea leaves, cardamom and something so comforting. Now you know nothing can go wrong. Yup, that's characteristic relationship-status-chai-lover behavior, my friend, and here are the signs of it.
1. Starting the day without a cup of tea? You’d rather stay in bed.
*Me every morning*
2. Watered down tea is the stuff of your worst nightmares...
3. You have a carefully crafted, scientifically deduced recipe you use to make tea...
4. And probably tea paraphernalia that you treasure as you would your own child.
5. Tea is your cure to literally everything.
6. You hate it when people say "Chai Tea". What the hell does that even mean? Tea tea?
7. While your friends order versions of can't-even-pronounce-the-freaking-name-venti latte-chino, your order is a simple, straightforward masala chai.
8. Seriously, you don't care what season it is. It's always tea weather for you.
9. Your Instagram feed is full of enough tea art to give you a chai-boner.
10. You're sad that your friends haven't said yes to having full-fledged tea parties... yet.
11. Somehow, gossip never seems scandalous unless served with a side of tea.
12. Basically, this is you.
Chai is something we all run on, not just as individuals, but as a nation. So for all those chai-lovers out there, here is a beautiful video by Chai Point serenading your emotions for this cure-all beverage. And if the pangs of craving hit you after watching it, order some for yourself from Chai Point to get it delivered to your doorstep. And if you need more, follow their FB/Instagram pages @chai_point to participate in their upcoming #IndiaRunsOnChai photography campaign.
Sponsored by Chai Point