In one of the deadliest terror attack on the Indian Army, four terrorists of Jaish-e-Mohammed group entered the battalion headquarters of 10 Dogra regiment in Uri and killed 17 soldiers.
Unfortunately on Monday, Sepoy K Vikas Janardhan, who was airlifted to the Army Research and Referral Hospital in New Delhi after being critically injured in the Uri attack, succumbed to injuries on Monday, raising the toll in the terror strike to 18. Nineteen other jawans remain injured.
Of the 18 jawans who were martyred, four are from Uttar Pradesh, three each from Bihar and Maharashtra, two each from Jammu and Kashmir, West Bengal and Jharkhand and one from Rajasthan. The region the 18th jawan belongs to has not yet been ascertained.
Here is the complete list of our heroes who died in the attack:
1. Subedar Karnail Singh, r/o Vill Shibu Chak, Teh- Bishnah, Dist Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir.
2. Havildar Ravi Paul, r/o Samba, Dist Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir.
3. Sepoy Rakesh Singh, r/o Vill Baddja, Dist Kaimur, Bihar.
4. Sepoy Javra Munda, r/o Vill Meral, Dist Khuti, Jharkhand.
5. Sepoy Naiman Kujur, r/o Vill Gumla, Chainpur, Jharkhand.
6. Sepoy Uike Janrao, r/o Vill Nandgaon (Kh), Dist Amravati, Maharashtra.
7. Havildar NS Rawat, r/o Vill Rajawa, Dist Rajasmand, Rajasthan.
8. Sepoy Ganesh Shankar, r/o Vill Ghoorapalli, Dist Sant Kabir Nagar, Uttar Pradesh.
9. Naik SK Vidarthi, r/o Vill Boknari, Dist Gaya, Bihar.
10. Sepoy Biswajit Ghorai, r/o Vill Ganga Sagar, Dist South 24 Parganas, West Bengal.
11. Lance Naik G Shankar, r/o Vill Jashi, Dist Satara, Maharashtra.
12. Sep G Dalai, r/o Vill Jamuna Balia, Dist Howarah, West Bengal.
13. Lance Naik RK Yadav, r/o Vill Balia, Uttar Pradesh.
14. Sepoy Harinder Yadav, r/o Vill Ghazipur, Dist Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh.
15. Sepoy TS Somnath, r/o Vill Khadangali, Dist Nashik, Maharashtra.
16. Havildar Ashok Kumar Singh, r/o Vill Raktu Tola, Dist Bhojpur, Bihar.
17. Sepoy Rajesh kr Singh, r/o Vill Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh.
18. Sepoy K Vikas Janardhan
This audacious terrorist attack has completely shaken the nation and has drawn strong condemnation from all over the globe. As the nation mourns the loss of these 18 jawans, we salute them with our deepest condolences to their families.