Think you've seen it all? Think again! The world is full of unexpected things which at first sight might surprise and befuddle you but will mostly have a rational explanation behind them. Well mostly. These images might seem unreal or photo-shopped but they're not. So go ahead, take a look.
1. A haunting 3D projection made out of a tree by French artist Clement Briend
2. This might look like a huge ball of wool you would like to roll on but it's actually a fluffy white Angora rabbit.
3. These might look like butt clouds but they're an ordinary phenomenon known as Mammatus clouds, which means 'mammary cloud'.
4. These wide eyed fishes swim in HUGE shoals during courtship season but this poor fella looks seriously confused facing the hoard.
5. This might look like the dark mark from Harry Potter but it's really just a volcanic explosion.
6. The Wave is a sandstone rock formation in the United States of America near the Arizona-Utah border. It's a big hit with hikers!
7. Just Andre Agassi and Roger Federer playing an exhibition tennis match in 2005 on the helipad of the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai, 700 ft off the ground. No biggie.
8. This awesome spectacle is achieved by fitting a transparent tube in the water column which keeps pumping water from below.
9. This sassy frog.
10. These goats have mad tree climbing skills.
11. No she isn't a ghost walking amongst mortals, she's just dyed and has grey make up on.
12. Want a black cat or a brown one? You can have both in this furry companion. This cat has a genetic condition called Chimera.
13. Though this looks like a beautiful yummy cake, it's actually a form of glass painting called murrine.
14. Full marks for superhuman balance.
15. And this.
16. Philippe Ramette, an artist, just held on to small barge fashioned like a small sideways balcony.
17. Salar de Uyuni, the world’s largest salt flatland, in Bolivia. Every year it becomes covered in a small amount of water, turning it into the world’s largest mirror and paradise on earth.
18. This toothy shark is slayin' it with this high-five.
19. A partial solar eclipse.
20. Ever had a bear over for dinner? But in this case this bear is part of family! Brutus was adopted by the naturalist Casey Anderson as a newborn cub.
21. This isn't a divine miracle, just a perfectly timed picture of a boy jumping into the pool.
22. And the same happened here.
23. This is a well timed photo of a geyser in Strokkur, Iceland just as it was about to erupt. Though it does look like an alien rising.
24. As dramatic as this looks, this is just a tube station in Sweden.
25. This surreal place is Waitomo cave in New Zealand. The light is emitted by thousands of glow-worms.
26. Resembling a UFO, these are lenticular clouds atop Mount Fuji in Japan
27. If you're having issues figuring out what species of animal this is, it's a maned wolf.
28. This might look like the doorway to another universe, but it's actually a cleverly painted picture before this house was about to be knocked down.
29. Artists Tim Noble and Sue Webster have created this shadow out of a pile of rubbish. Genius.
30. Very paradoxical weather but this typhoon hit this rainbow as a coincidence.
31. Might look like the burning pit of hell but this Derweze Crater has been burning in the middle of Karakum Desert in Turkmenistan ever since a Soviet drilling rig collapsed on that site
32. Though this looks like an enchanted place, this is Mudhdhoo Island in Maldives which is home to bioluminescent phytoplankton which emit blue light when the sun goes down.
33. This is one hell of a place to chance upon. The Lake Natron, in Tanzania is rich in high soda and salt content which causes dead animals to calcify.
34. This might bring back memories of The Excorcist but it's actually a well timed photo of a girl jumping.
35. A German magician pulling a publicity stunt.
36. This epic picture is pizza in outer space.
37. This unusual spectacle is just cross waves. When waves from different directions meet, they create cross waves.
38. This Spanish island, Menorca has such clear, turquoise water that the boats look like they're floating.
39. These look like rivulets of smoke, but it's actually an aerial shot of a volcanic river flowing through glacial fields in Iceland.
40. This one is for all Darcy admirers. This is a statue of Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, one of the characters of Pride and Prejudice, built in London's Hyde Park to commemorate its 200th anniversary.
41. This beautiful place is in Great Smoky Mountains National Park where thousands of fireflies synchronise to create light patterns.
42. This isn't a melting building, it's just tarp covering a building under construction.
43. This is a real woman who had surgery to look like a human Barbie.