After one of the most vitriolic campaigns in history, Donald Trump beat Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in a stunning upset, and was elected the 45th President of the United States. The world is still struggling to come to terms with the fact that someone like Donald Trump will be the leader of the free world.
As people all over started voicing their apprehensions over Trump's presidency, cartoonists and illustrators from around the globe shared some poignant cartoons to drive home their concerns.
Here are some of those cartoons:
1. The Statue of Liberty, one of the most iconic symbols of freedom, has been a cartoonists' favourite.
2. Knock, knock.
3. Firing Miss Liberty.
4. The winner takes it all?
5. " We didn't start the fire."
6. Is democracy overrated?
7. Scary times ahead?
8. This cartoon expresses the horror that is Trump homecoming.
9. Dangerous propositions.
11. Is it the end of the GOP?
12. American horror story?
13. Not a good morning, America.
14. Is this the symbol of the new USA?
15. Cartoonist Sarah Anderson thinks we are going backwards.
17. Abe would be turning in his grave.
18. This is reality.
19. Lincoln had the Gettysburg address, Trump has?
20. This cartoon imagines the nightmares that Martin Luther King might have had.
21. This newspaper still can't digest the news.
22. Nor can the people.
23. The media can't believe what just happened.
24. Trump is reminding this artist of 'someone' else.
25. Who also broke the world apart.
A mix of humour, irony, satire, these cartoonists from around the world, have expressed their concerns over the election of Donald Trump, in their own way, through their sharp pencils and an even sharper wit.