"The best thing about being rich is the freedom; freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want. It doesn't suck."
- Tommy Lee
Who doesn't like rolling in money? If only our luck was half as good, we would have won a lottery and retired early with a truckload of money in the bank. But alas, that's not the case. If we want to retire rich, we need to start working towards it now. These tips below will ensure you retire as one rich person.
1. Save first. Spend later. No matter how much, or how little, money you make, your monthly agenda should be to save at least something, and not simply get through the month.
2. Make a separate account for your savings, and make it a point to transfer whatever is left at the end of each month in the savings account. And then, forget that it exists.
3. Save for the rainy days. There will be setbacks as you try to save money for your future. This emergency fund will ensure that your saving plans don't get interrupted.
4. Bonuses and extra income should be saved. Put it away in your savings account and pretend that you never had that money. You know you can do without it.
5. When you get a raise, you should increase your monthly savings proportionately.
6. Never ever, ever carry over credit card payments. Pay the whole amount at once, before the due date, so that you can save on heavy interest.
7. Consistently saving something, even as little as 1500 rupees a month, is the way to go. And for all you know, one day not so far away, your stash will look like this...
8. Don't fall for quick money-making schemes. Putting your money in one is like...
9. Start investing early. It's never too soon for investments.
10. Invest in different things. Dabble with mutual funds, stocks and debt instruments. Learn everything you need to with Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund.
And most importantly, know what NOT to do when investing. Forward thinking is not the same as forwarding messages. Investment ka sahi tareeka #JanoTohMano.
All images have been sourced from giphy.com
Feature image has been sourced from qz.com
Sponsored by Birla SunLife