There are very few who hate ice-cream. From being a palatable breakup remedy to a late night snack, ice creams are loved at any time. But as much as it's tasty, it's also not the healthiest things you can possibly have. In fact, having it on a daily basis, can be anything but healthy.
What if we tell you that now you can have ice cream with health benefits? It's true. You can now have your bowl of happiness with a healthy twist to it. There's now a turmeric and coconut ice cream you can make at home, and add that dash of goodness to your dessert. Both turmeric and coconut, known for their rich properties and antioxidants, can be the perfect healthy goody. This recipe from Paleo Hacks needs no ice cream maker (or hassles) to be made. Here's how!
1 can of coconut milk
½ cup of coconut milk or coconut yogurt
1 cup of raw cashews (soaked)
A bowl of raw pecans (and as many other pecans as desired for topping)
¼ cup of maple syrup
2 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of ground ginger
¼ teaspoon of cardamom
How to make:
1. Soak cashews in a bowl of water overnight. If you can't, then soaking them for 2 hours would do.
2. Once ready with cashews, place a layer of parchment paper on a meatloaf pan and let the ends hang over the sides. Place this in the freezer while you prepare the ice cream.
3. Drain the cashews and add them along with other ingredients, to a blender.
4. Process this on high, until the pecans and cashews have been broken to pieces and everything is combined.
5. Now, remove the pan from the freezer and pour the mixture into the pan.
6. Leave it to freeze overnight over a flat surface, so that it freezes out evenly.
7. Remove from the freezer the next day and top with pecans. Then serve the healthy bowl of joy!
- If you have an ice cream blender, don't leave it unused. It will make the ice cream thicker and smoother.
- You can make this without pecans and cashews, but it will be less creamy.