Almond milk looks a lot like milk but, it has a nutty flavour that is hard to resist. It is not only delicious but it also has certain health benefits that not many are aware of. Weight loss, improved vision and stronger muscles are just some of the health benefits of including this in your daily diet. And, the best thing about almond milk is that it can be used as a alternative for cow's milk. On that note, here are 8 health benefits of having almond milk you should know about.
1. It is low in calories hence, it is great for those who want to cut down on calorie intake and reduce weight.
2. It is low in sugar content, which makes it a perfect drink for those who are suffering from diabetes.
3. It is high in Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that can reduce inflammation, stress and the risk of disease.
4. It is enriched with calcium that is important for good bone health, including the prevention of fractures and osteoporosis.
5. It is a good alternative to dairy as it is naturally lactose free.
6. It is low in potassium and phosphorous which is why, it is a suitable alternative for people with chronic kidney disease. It also aides in improving kidney health.
7. It is rich in various vitamins, including Vitamin A, which is essential for proper functioning of the eyes.
8. It contains various nutrients and minerals which help in boosting the immune system of an individual by protecting our body from germs and other micro-organisms that may be harmful.
Buy yourself a bottle of almond milk from here.