#NotMyDeepika Trends On Twitter, Fans Protest Amid Rumours Of Deepika Working With #MeToo Accused

Asmita

On Friday evening, actor Deepika Padukone was papped leaving Luv Ranjan’s house in Mumbai, along with Ranbir Kapoor. 

The pictures added to the rumours that Deepika is indeed a part of a Luv Ranjan film. According to early reports by Mumbai Mirror, the film also stars Ajay Devgn in the lead of this action thriller. 

Due to the latest photos, it is being speculated that the announcement might soon take place. 

Last year in October, Luv Ranjan was accused of sexual harassment amid the #MeToo movement. The woman accused him of asking inappropriate questions during Pyaar Ka Punchnama auditions in 2010.

Now as the early reports hint that Deepika might be working with Ranjan, netizens have taken to Twitter. The hashtag #NotMyDeepika is trending as Deepika’s fans are expressing their disappointment.

A Twitter account detailed all the times Deepika stood up for the #MeToo movement- from The Bollywood Roundtable 2018, to when her NGO strictly complied to their zero tolerance of sexual harassment policy.

A source reported to Bollywood Hungama,

In spite of two solid male stars, Ranjan’s film has a terrific role for the female lead. Deepika is the first choice and there’s no reason why she would turn down a plum role.

Official confirmation of the report is awaited. 

You might also like
ID Dikhao”: Jaipur Crowd Flips the Script on Valentine’s Day Harassment By Bajrang Dal Members
Malaysia Says Stress Makes People Gay, Bihar Says Gay Weddings Cause Earthquakes? We’ve Officially Lost The Plot
Pune Drug Arrest: Mumbai ‘Dadi’ Held With Cocaine and Mephedrone, And 2 More Senior Citizen Drug Cases That Shocked India
10-Month-Old Aalin Became Kerala’s Youngest Organ Donor And Gave Four People A Second Chance At Life
This Kerala Grandma Blocked a Scooter on the Footpath and the Internet Is Cheering
Love On Ice? How 10,000 Condoms Vanished in Just 3 Days at the 2026 Winter Olympics