"I like 'em big, I like 'em chunkay"
Will.i.am sang it right, if he was in fact singing about this article. We as a species are obsessed with supersizing everything possible, which has led to the creation of these massive spectacles (giant specs, there's an idea!).
1. Stratolaunch - The world's largest plane
This aircraft has a wingspan longer than a football field. It's got 6 engines, 28 wheels and will be used to transport rockets carrying satellites into the Earth's upper atmosphere.
2. Rungrado May - The largest football stadium in the world
This behemoth was constructed in 1989, can accommodate 114,000 spectators and is located in - wait for it - Pyongyang, North Korea. It has a floor space of around 2.2 million ft squared.
3. The largest bottle of wine in the world
According to Guinness Records, the largest bottle of wine, was made by Andre Vogel and was 13 ft 8.17 in tall. It was filled with 3,094 litres.
4. Dubai Mall - The biggest mall in the world
This shopper's paradise has 1200 shops and is a 20-billion-dollar complex. It is 13 million square feet and has 22 cinema screens.
5. San Alfonso del Mar - The biggest swimming pool in the world
Located in Algarrobo, Chile, this pool is 3,324 ft in length with a total area of 19.77 acres. It looks more like a large river than a pool.
6. Arecibo Observatory - The largest telescope in the world
Located in the municipality of Arecibo, Puerto Rico, this observatory’s 1,000-ft radio telescope is the world’s largest single-aperture telescope.
7. Belaz 75710 - The biggest truck in the world
This Belarussian Bigfoot weighs a whopping three hundred and sixty tons - that's the weight of 36 London buses.
8. Symphony of the Seas - The world's largest cruise ship
Royal Caribbean keeps upping its game. This year, their modern man-o-war is 5 times the size of the Titanic, weighs over 230,000 gross tonnes and can carry over 6,000 passengers plus 2,000 crew.
9. New Century Global Complex, China - The largest building in the world
The Burj might be the tallest, but with a floor area of 18.9 million sq ft, this building is the largest. It's got hotels, a university and even an artificial beach inside!
10. Monster Motorbike - The biggest motorbike in the world
Mechanic Ray Baumann built this massive machine. It's 20 feet long, weighs 13 tonnes and can definitely hold its own against an SUV.
11. The Bagger 288 Excavator - The world's largest machine
German company Krupp built this ridonculous excavator that stands 311 feet tall, 705 feet long and weighs 45,500 tons. It was used in a coal mine in western Germany.
12. The Gustav Gun - The largest gun in the world
Destroyed towards the end of World War 2, this gun was more than 150 feet long, 40 feet tall and weighed almost 1,500 tons. It was the largest gun in the world.
13. Captain Underpants Giant Pants - The biggest pants in the world
You could argue that this is technically underwear, but with a total volume of 6,330 cubic metres, I'm pretty sure they can make decent pants too. That's the size of 4 huge whales after all.
14. Spring Temple Buddha - The world's biggest statue
Located in China, the total height of this monument is 502 feet, including a 66 ft lotus throne and a 82 ft building.
15. The world's biggest pizza
Chefs in Rome cooked up the world’s largest gluten-free pizza, named 'Ottavia'. It weighs 50,000 pounds and is the size of an Olympic swimming pool. Apparently, it had 5 tonnes of tomato sauce and 4.4 tonnes of mozzarella cheese.
*Terms and conditions apply.