“People are sheep. TV is the shepherd.”
― Jess.S. Scott
As the overtures of fresh elections begin to resonate in our Rajdhani, Arvind Kejriwal is back in the thick of things with the media cloud hovering over him.
Media is the painter. The people make the canvas. As for paint, who could be more colourful that Kejriwal?
This 'artwork' by mainstream media has been made evident by the 20 headlines listed below, sourced from across the board. After all, everyone lauded him, but everyone took a dig at him.
Revisit AK49, as it starts with jubilation, then doubt sets in, and ends at a sour note.
1. The Hindu: CM Kejriwal Sings Song Of Brotherhood, Crowd Joins
2. Business Today: Arvind Kejriwal sworn in as Delhi chief minister, promises change
3. Indian Express: Kejriwal Govt Opens Freebie Floodgates: 667 Litres Daily
4. The Times of India: CM Arvind Kejriwal keeps another promise, cuts power bills 50% by raising subsidy
5. Indian Express: AAP Joins The Assembly 'Club' But Wary Of Congress, BJP 'Moves'
7. Indian Express: Have A Phone? Go Sting The Corrupt, CM Tells Delhi
8. Hindustan Times: Break law and we will reward you, seems AAP’s message to people
9. Hindustan Times: Aam aadmi spoils Kejriwal's party, chaos in darbar
10. Hindustan Times: AAP yet to make transition from activists to lawmakers
12. Indian Express: Somnath Bharti Again: 'Cong, BJP Have Pimps'
13. Indian Express: Capital chaos: Delhi government goes missing
14. Indian Express: AAP Panchayat Rules: Minister Somnath Bharti Did No Wrong
15. Indian Express: After Telling Delhi To Sting, AAP Wants Lokpal To Snoop
16. Hindustan Times: Modi, Rahul Gandhi in Ambani’s pocket: Kejriwal
17. Indian Express: Kejriwal Reminds L-G Of Oath To Constitution, Forgets His Own
19. Hindustan Times: Kejriwal hits and runs, pulls plug on own govt after failing to table jan lokpal bill
20.Diplomat: Kejriwal Resignation: Failure or Strategy?
His opposition parties might hate him, his voters might have been disappointed by him, but the media loves him.
As the elections arrive, expect a flurry of witty headlines regarding this man, sure to leave a smirk on your face.