"Do you like raisins?"
"How about a date?"
My pickup lines might suck but what sucks, even more, is my love life. I am 25 and I have no idea where my dating life is going. Like seriously. The dynamics of dating can really change as you age, you see yourself changing and growing up and so do your expectations from a relationship.
Here are comics depicting the differences between dating in your 20s and in your 30s. These have been created for laughs but if they make you cry, I feel you.
1. In your 20s, you fantasize that you’re gonna end up with the one you’re dating, but in your 30s, you don’t settle for anything less than what you think you deserve.
2. First dates can be tricky.
3. In your 20s, you really don’t understand who is and who isn’t good for and in your 30s, you make peace with it.
4. NewsFlash: Sex is way better in your 30s.
5. The idea of love is very different for 20 and 30 somethings.
6. Only if 20 somethings had more self-esteem.
7. People in their 20s go at a much faster pace in their relationships while 30 somethings take their own good time.
8. In your 20s, you’re all about PDA but not so much in your 30s.
9. 20-year-olds just DO NOT like the word 'relationship'.
10. Food >>>>> Anything else for 30 somethings.
11. Whether you're in your 20s or 30s, making parents meet your date can be tricky AF.
12. But in the end, we are all nothing but just fragments of hope.
Comic illustrations by Rashi Khandelwal.