“I love you.” Three simple words never held so much power. A lot of us think about saying it, but change our minds at the last minute for the stupidest reasons. Here are a few reasons why you should gather the courage to say the magic words today;
1. Say it because you can’t live in fear all your life.
Do you want unrequited love? Because that’s how you get unrequited love. Just go ahead and say it.
2. Say it because even if the person you love says no,” at least you’ll be able to move on in life.
Uncertainty is a painful thing. So even if it means being shot down and feeling bad, at least you’ll have a huge load off of your chest.
3. Say it because 10 years later, you won’t have to look back and say, “I should have said something.”
Remember that in the end, you don’t regret the things that you have done, rather, it’s the things that you did not do that you regret the most.
4. Say it because if she says “I love you too,” you’ll feel like you’ve won the world.
You don’t need an army to conquer the world. You just need love in your heart.
5. Say it because he might be waiting for you to make the first move.
Maybe he’s shy. Maybe he’s scared, just like you. So conquer your fear and say the words. Like they say, “Ladies first.”
6. Say it so that you can go from lying awake at night thinking about her to lying awake listening to her voice.
If you’re going to lose sleep, might as well lose it in love rather than thirsting for love.
7. Say it because even if it doesn’t work out, you’ll never have to think “What if…?”
You might end up together. Or you might end up with a broken heart. No matter what happens, you won’t have to think about that alternate universe where you two were actually together.
8. Say it so that your friends can start teasing you about it.
This is easily one of the best things about being in love. The incessant jibes, the passive aggressive comments and the “Aww’s,” all from a bunch of people you care about the most.
9. Say it because even if you get turned down, your friends will still tease you about it.
It might hurt in the beginning, but friends have a way of rationalizing heart-break that’ll have you back normal and cracking jokes about yourself in no time.
10. Say it because you have Bollywood in your blood.
Come on. You come from the land of DDLJ and Hum Apke Hain Kaun. How difficult can this be?
11. Say it because it’s the only sure-shot way to get out of the friend-zone.
If you say, “I love you,” and she says “We should be friends,” politely tell her that “Sorry, we can’t” and walk away. It’ll save you a lot of pain.
12. Say it so that one day, you can tell your kids to do the same.
How can you ask them to follow their hearts and search for love when you haven’t done so yourself?
13. Say it because if you don’t, someone else will.
Then you can sit around and mope as you see the girl or guy of your dreams roam around with someone else.
14. Say it because if he or she feels the same way, you’ll get to see their faces light up like a 1000W bulb.
And when they smile, you smile.
15. And if you haven’t said “I love you” even once in your life, then you HAVE to say it.
Put in your bucket list, right at number 1.
And why stop here? Say it to your best friend, say it to your parents, say it to your pet and say it to a random stranger. There’s a lot of love going around. Go ahead and get your share.Feature Image Source