FIFA World Cup 2018 is starting from next Thursday and honestly, I have never wanted a weekday to arrive sooner.
As we wait for the FIFA magic to start, let us dribble down the memory lane and look at some of the most iconic moments from the history of the tournament.
1. The Italian team, dressed in all-black, gives the fascist salute before their quarter-final game against France. (1938)
2. Uruguay beat hosts Brazil in one of the biggest upsets in football history. (1950)
3. West Germany beat the favourites Hungary who hadn't lost a match in 4 years in a match called the 'Miracle of Bern'. (1954)
4. 17-year-old Pele makes his World Cup debut and Brazil wins its first title at the tournament. (1958)
5. The Battle of Santiago: The match in which Italy and Chile, took the phrase 'fighting for the title' too literally. (1962)
6. England wins World Cup for the first time. (1966)
7. And here's how they celebrated it. (1966)
8. England's goalkeeper, Gordon Banks' produces the save of the century (1970)
9. Pele and Bobby Moore exchange jerseys after the match. (1970)
10. Johann Cruyff stuns people around the world with a unique, wizardly trick which would go on to be called the 'Cruyff turn'. (1974)
11. Referee Clive Thomas controversially whistles for full-time as the ball is mid-flight, disallowing Brazil's ‘goal’. (1978)
12. The Disgrace of Gijón: The match in which West Germany and Austria allegedly got a result that worked favourably for them, but knocked out Algeria. (1982)
13. Marco Tardelli’s goal celebration in the final after Italy defeated West Germany. (1982)
14. Maradona being confronted by six Belgian players. (1982)
15. The Hand of God & Goal of the Century (1986)
To think that both of these historic goals happened in one game, gives me chills.