Like every other year, the Ghanta awards are back to (dis)honour the worst in Indian cinema. An annual
insult celebration of movies that tortured us, the Ghanta awards saw a huge number of people voting for their not-so-favourite movies and thus picked some (un)lucky winners.
Check out the complete list of
wieners winners right here.
1. Worst Director: Vikas Bahl for Shaandaar
FYI, he's the same guy who'd directed Queen. As in the movie, not the monarch. Tragic.
2. Worst Film: Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo
Prem Ratan ek Ghanta award bhi Paayo.
3. Worst Actor: Shah Rukh Khan for Dilwale
"Film toh sabke paas hoti hai. Par har koi Ghanta award nahin jeet paata."
4. Worst Debut: Sooraj Pancholi for Hero
"Ki main hoon zero, tera!"
5. Worst Song: Title track from Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo
Stop! In the name of God!
6. Worst Brand Endorsement: Priyanka Chopra for Rajinigandha Silver Pearls
Bure ad ki ek alag chamak hoti hai.
7. Most Controversial Controversy: The Hrithik-Kangana controversy
Ab toh award bhi mil gaya. Ab toh band kar do.
8. Shit Nobody Saw: Welcome to Karachi
We'd rather go someplace near.
9. WTF Was That! : Manish Paul for Ranbanka
Manish Paul in what?
10. Worst Supporting Actor: Neil Nitin Mukesh for Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo
Yes, all three of them.
11. Worst Actress: Sonam Kapoor for Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo/Dolly Ki Doli
Proof that two negatives don't make a positive.
12. Worst Couple: Bipasha Basu & Bipasha Basu in Alone
Asli horror toh yeh double role tha.
13. The Ghanta Tweet Of The Year: Abhishek Bachchan
We wonder for which tweet though!
14. Worst Miscasting: Karan Johar as gangster in Bombay Velvet
Koffee with Karan > Underworld with Karan