Avocado is said to be one of the most nutrient-rich and beneficial fruits as it contains a lot of healthy fats that actually help a person to stay fit and free from many major diseases. Avocado is indeed a powerhouse of 'good stuff' and works wonders when your aim is to get fitter, leaner and healthier. Scroll down to check our list of 15 reasons to fall in love with Avocado.
1. Avocado can speed up wound healing.
2. The antioxidants present in avocado oil reduces the effects of UV rays on the skin and prevents it from discoloration.
3. The hydrating properties of avocado make it a good product to treat many hair related issues.
4. Avocados are a great source of vitamin K which is essential for blood and bone health.
5. The fat in avocado oil has more stable bonds making it a safe and healthy choice for cooking.
6. Avocados can help decrease the risk of metabolic syndrome and reduce waist circumference.
7. Because of their fat content, avocados can increase the absorption of nutrients from other sources.
8. Avocados are must to include fruit in the diet of cancer patients as it is able to curb the side effects of chemotherapy.
9. The compounds found in avocados are said to be good to protect the liver from infections.
10. Avocado is a great health booster as it is known to improve a diabetic patient's lipid profile and insulin level.
11. Avocado is a great food to reduce the level of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in the body.
12. A diet with a regular intake of avocado leads to a decreased risk of depression.
13. Avocado is a fruit rich in lutein and zeaxanthin that keeps the retina of the eye healthy.
14. Eating avocado 10 minutes before lunch can reduce your appetite and help you lose weight.
15. Avocado contains nearly 54% of fiber that nourishes the lining of the gut and keeps your digestive system strong.