The aromatic tree bark cinnamon is a valuable asset and flavoring agent that is loaded with health benefits. It is used as a medicine in Ayurveda and Chinese medicine for centuries and is known to be a great aid to gastrointestinal complaints, heartburn, indigestion, and nausea etc. Scroll down to know 7 such reasons that make cinnamon the spice worth including in meals.
1. An enormous part of treating neurological diseases like Alzheimers and Parkinsons is in symptom management which can be boosted with the addition of cinnamon in the daily meal.
2. Cinnamon is known to raise the level of HDL or good cholesterol and reduce the level of LDL or bad cholesterol in the body.
3. Some studies show that cinnamon, when used in combination with other herbs can be useful in treating eye disorders like conjunctivitis, dry eye etc.
4. Cinnamon, if consumed regularly, works as a key element in managing the symptoms of Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS.
5. Cinnamon is said to be effective in reducing complications, morbidity, and mortality in metabolic syndrome like blood pressure, obesity, dyslipidemia etc.
6. While there is no sure-shot cure to it, cinnamon serves as an important tool in managing the symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
7. Cinnamon's antimicrobial properties extend to the virus, thus indicating that it may help in fighting or managing the symptoms of HIV.