Don’t let your dark underarms stop you from wearing your favourite outfit. These 10 remedies will lighten, brighten and improve your underarm skin.
1. Applying lemon juice 15 minutes prior to bathing acts as a natural bleaching agent that lightens skin colour and exfoliates dead skin cells.
2. Rub a slice of cucumber on your underarms to lighten uneven skin tone as it has natural bleaching properties.
3. Skin exfoliating properties found in orange peels reduces uneven skin colour when rubbed on the armpits and washed off after 15 minutes.
4. Mix turmeric powder with lemon juice and apply it on your underarm area; cumin and antioxidants found in this paste can lighten the skin tone.
5. Lighten discoloured armpits by applying aloe vera gel for 15 minutes to get rid of skin pigmentation.
6. Brown sugar and olive oil exfoliates skin and removes dead skin cells when applied for 15 minutes.
7. Rub castor oil and leave it on for 15 minutes on your underarms to make skin lighter, clean pores and remove dead skin cells.
8. Massage coconut oil on your underarms to reduce uneven skin tone and help clean clogged pores as it is rich in Vitamin E.
9. Mix rice flour with vinegar to make a paste and apply it to your underarms for 15 minutes. This will lighten skin colour and remove bacteria that feed on dead skin cells.
10. Massage your underarms with milk to get brighter skin tone and soften your skin.
Top picks for you