Winter blues is something that is both common and negligent. This seasonal affective disorder or SAD can lead to an un-systematized circadian rhythm, biological clock, and hormone production. Winter blues makes a person work extra hard on their mental health during the colder months. Here are a few things to keep in mind and wish away the blues this chilly season.
1. Make sure you get as much sunlight as you possibly can throughout the day.
2. Try going out for a while every day to grab some outdoor sunlight.
3. Exercise regularly to fight seasonal affective disorder and boost your mood.
4. Increase your intake of Vitamin D during the winter months.
5. Step out wearing dark and bright shade clothes to feel warm and comfy.
6. The most effective way to lift your spirits is to plan something to look forward to.
7. Listen to upbeat or cheery music to improve your mood for both, the short and long term.
And remember my dear, it may not be easy but its worth it.