If you want to smell nice all day long without spraying the entire bottle of perfume on yourself then here are 8 hacks you can follow in order to make your fragrance last longer and enhance its power.
1. Use petroleum jelly on your pulse points to hold the fragrance for longer. Apply it on your wrist, neck, behind your knees and calves.
2. Moisturize your skin with an unscented lotion before applying your perfume. Oily skin retains the fragrance for longer.
3. Avoid rubbing your wrists together. The friction causes the top notes of the perfume to fade faster.
4. Keep cotton buds swabbed with your fragrance in your bag for touch-ups throughout the day as carrying around a perfume bottle is not always possible.
5. Don't shake your perfume bottle. Shaking the bottle will let air into it which in turn will reduce the quality of your perfume.
6. Always store your perfume bottle in a box and away from the sunlight as it degrades the oil and breaks down the fragrance.
7. Apply perfume on damp skin to lock in the scent but don't wear your clothes immediately. Wait for a few minutes for the fragrance to settle before getting dressed.
8. Don't store your perfume bottle in the bathroom. Humidity and dampness will break down the quality and weaken its fragrance. Keep it in the bedroom instead.
These hacks will certainly make your fragrance last longer.