All that glitters is not gold.
These loony people have dared to prove it wrong.
Everybody accuses good ol Bappi Da for committing tacky gold crimes. But once you see what these guys have done, you’ll stop pointing fingers at poor Bappi. I meant that literally.
1. Datta ‘Gold Man’ Phuge – The businessman with a 3.5kg gold shirt worth Rs 1.42 crore
For this businessman from Pune, everything that glitters has to be gold. 15 goldsmiths worked 16 hours a day for 20 days, hammering 140,000 small pieces of gold, fastened with red Swarovsky crystals, to make Phuge’s dream come true.
And then he dresses it up with 7 kgs of gold accessories.
Just a shirt, are you kidding me?
He would settle for nothing less than a 24k gold suhaag raat worth Rs 3.6 crore
His bride was golden, inside out.
2. Indian politician, Pankaj Parakh, gifts himself a gold shirt worth Rs 1.4 crores on his birthday
A year after Phuge’s gold shirt painted the Internet gold, a National Congress member from Maharashtra ordered a similar monstrosity. ” My family is hardly impressed or interested in my love for gold. They just ignore and accept it as a part of domestic life. But the rest of my extended family thinks I am weird ,” Parakh told reporters. We wonder why.
3. Arab royalty gift their kids gold loos
Don’t be surprised, this is one of the less eccentric things Arabs do.
4. Kim and Kanye have FOUR gold toilets, worth $750,000. Take that Arabs!
And those aren’t the most precious ass -ets they have.
Imagine the extravagance, when most of us won’t even be able to afford even this:
5. When this Mexican cartel leader wanted a gold AK 47. He got it.
Ramiro Pozos Gonzalez was arrested in 2012 and his precious toy was confiscated.
But, Pozos don’t give a shit!
6. This artist invented pills that will turn your poop golden
If you can’t afford a gold loo, that’s alright. For $ 425, you can poop bricks, gold bricks. Thanks, Mr. Tobias Wong, you are the shit!
7. And then someone even auctioned his gold plated poop for $ 500,000
Terence Koh created some expensive shitty art, quite literally. What amuses me is that someone even bought it!
8. The heights of pointlessness: Gold Nano worth Rs 22 crores
Goldplus Jewellery, a product of Titan, unveiled this abomination in 2011 to celebrate India’s 5000 years jewellery-making industry. 80 kgs of gold, 20 kgs of silver, hundreds of diamonds and precious stones… and the same impotent engine.
9. Gold dress for $ 124,760. Because jewellery is too mainstream.
Turkish jeweller, Ahmet Atakan, created this outfit that lets you show off your wealth… and a lot of skin.
10. Lady Gaga made Wolverine cry with these gold claws
Please don’t hurt me!
What’s that? Death Star?
11. Cash is for the poor. This ATM shits gold bricks.
This vending machine dispenses 320 kinds of gold items including gold bars and gold coins.
12. The world’s most expensive car: Gold Lamborghini worth $ 7.5 million
Even Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are too poor for this. They rented it out once. This car was made to remind rich people that they’re still poor.