Life as an arts student is fun, crazy and memorable. From debating on all topics under the sun to bunking classes, from sun bathing on the campus ground to reading Shakespeare for hours at a stretch, we've done it all. Here are some memorable things which only an arts student will relate to.
1. You use just one notebook to scribble notes for all your subjects.
For some of us, the same notebook stays with us for all 3 years!
2. When other people were mugging formulas, you were learning how to be creative .
3. You studya night before the exam? Big deal! We bringbooks hours before the exam, and still score well.
4. Takingextra sheets during an examination is a mean feat. The more sheets you take,the more respect you gain!
5. Theever-so ‘dreaded’ question, “Arts lekar kya karoge beta?” continues to haunt you. And this has beenyour reply, every single time.
6. You get really pissed off when people judge you for being an arts student.
7. You are often found debating over why humanities is equal to other more popular career choices such as engineering or medicine.
8. Half your time isspent sitting in the canteen or sun bathing on the college ground, while the other half hurriesfrom one classroom to another.
9. You get to join all the cool societies in your college such as sports, theatre, debating, etc,which helps you grow as a person.
10. Discussing your favourite book or movie during mid-class breaks isyour favourite pastime.
Even though it is not easy being an arts student in our country due to the stigma attached to it, you don’t regret taking the course one bit.
Because you know you'll end up where you always wanted to.
While we enjoy college life to the best, we also get a lot of flak for studying arts. To all the humanities students and aspirants, if you are good at something and passionate about it, don’t let what people say bog you down. Your efforts will be worth it.