In India, cricket is not just a sport - it's a religion. When a cricket match is on, everything else takes a back seat. But who really made this sport larger than life in our country? None other than the fans themselves! Even though the sport is played around the world, it is us Indian fans who stand out. Here are 10 reasons why.
1. Live telecast at 4am? Bring it on!
No matter how odd the hours, we’ll be glued to the television sets even before the players walk on to the field.
2. Memorise World Cup schedule first. Birthdays and anniversaries can wait.
“When is India playing Pakistan?”
“When is your best friend’s birthday?”
“Ummm…not 15th Feb.”
3.Indian fans are loud and proud!
Don’t believe me? Attend a match at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata!
4.In any other country, Sachin would have been just a great player. In India, he is God.
Thanks to the fans!
5. Match duration: 8 hours. Post-match analysis: 2 days
…or till another match comes along.
6.When it comes to cricket, all boundaries disappear.
An Indian Cricket fan is an Indian Cricket fan. Period.
7. Their love for cricket and cricket players go beyond the field.
The support of Indian fans isn’t restricted to the Playing XI alone. If they love you, they’ll stick with you through thick and thin.
8. Even the players thrive on crowd support.
When you enter the arena and hear thousands of fans cheering for you and chanting your name, magical things can happen.
9. Cricket matches are best enjoyed with company.
Couldn’t make it to the stadium? No issues. We’ll find a crowd of our own!
10. No matter where cricket takes the Indian team, they will always have a packed house of supporters!
Even our NRI brothers and sisters proudly support the Men in Blue!
It’s this undying passion and spirit of the Indian Fans that keeps the game ticking and makes them the best ever. Gillette salutes all of them and to celebrate the same, Gillette India has launched a series of SPECIAL EDITION INDIA RAZORS . With INDIA engraved on the razor handle, it’s a must-have for every Indian cricket fan!
This article is powered by Gillette India .