Living in a very competitive world, we can't help but compare our lives with that of others around us and we often end up disappointed. We always think that someone else has a better job than ours, someone else looks prettier than us, or someone else is always travelling to different parts of the world while we are stuck in office/college. No matter how well we are doing in life, something or the other often comes our way that makes us feel miserable about ourselves.
We conveniently ignore the privileges that we have that many others can only dream about. But here are 18 signs that suggest that your life is a lot better than you make it out to be:
1. You have a roof above your head.
No matter how messy it gets at times, at least you have your own little space where you can sit and sleep in peace.
2. You manage to pay your rent and bills.
Even if it's late, even if you are left with little money after that, you still manage to pay all your bills by the end of the month.
3. You have food in the fridge.
Not only do you have food at your disposal, you also have a running gas at your place and can cook at your leisure.
4. You have a job.
Even if it's part time, even if you hate it, it makes sure that you have some money on you.
5. And enough money to survive.
You might claim that you're always broke, but you know that you would survive this phase!
6. You have at least one friend to share your special moments with.
As time passes, you will realise that quality is important over quantity. If you can think of at least one person who you look forward to calling when there is anything important to share, count yourself lucky!
7. Your parents always have your back.
When the times get tough, all you need to get back on track is a call or a hug from your parents and everything seems fine again.
8. You could afford the auto ride or the petrol in your car this morning.
Not that bad, right?
9. You can eat out and shop for yourself.
You don't have to think hard before eating out or buying that book you've been meaning to read for a while now.
10. You have a pair of clean clothes to wear to work or a party.
11. You don't have to think twice before buying something that you really need.
Sugar - Check, Wheat - Check, Milk - Check!
12. You have the liberty to take decisions for yourself.
No matter what phase of life you 're going through right now, you always have the option to take a different direction and change the route. Most people don't.
13. You have the freedom to express what you feel.
You have the power to speak up against what you feel isn't right. And no one can take that power away from you, not even the government.
14. You are fit as a fiddle.
Except some minor bouts of cold or acne, congratulations, you don't suffer from a life-threatening disease!
15. You can afford to take a weekend getaway if you want to.
16. You have survived at least one big mishap in your life - be it a heartbreak, an accident or losing someone you were close to.
And you came out stronger than ever.
17. You know what you want from life.
Even though you might be far away from it, deep inside, you at least know what you want. A majority of us don't even have a clue.
18. When you look back, you are not the same person any more.
You realise that your life has changed for good.