Veteran actor Kamal Haasan escaped unhurt after a fire broke out at his residence in Chennai in the wee hours on Saturday.
The 62-year-old actor took to Twitter to confirm his safety after the incident.
Thanks to my staff. Escaped a fire at my house. Lungs full of smoke, I climbed down from the third floor. I am safe No one hurt . Goodnight— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) April 7, 2017
He even thanked his fans for showing concern.
Thanks for all the love and concern. Now off to sleep. Good night indeed— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) April 7, 2017
Even though the reason behind the fire remains unclear, a report by The Times Of India suggests that a fire tender immediately reached the spot after a short circuit in a refrigerator in his gym caused the fire.