A minor panic woke up the fire units in the wee hours of Tuesday after a room in PMO was reported on fire. 

Close to ten fire tenders were immediately rushed to Raisina Hills in South Block to control the fire that broke out in a room on the second floor of the PMO, reported ANI. 

Fortunately, no causalities or injuries were reported and the fire was doused within 20 minutes. 

Reports suggests that the incident took place at around 3:30 am after a split AC unit in the room caught fire.

"The fire actually broke out in one of the split AC's unit and the UPS of a computer. This did not cause any damage. The building however was choking with smoke as these appliances release a lot of toxic gases upon burning. Getting rid of that smoke took a lot of time, else we controlled the fire within 20 minutes," G.S. Chauhan, Divisional head, Delhi Fire Services told ANI.

(Feature image source: Representational/PTI)