The Chennai Egmore railway station is one of the most iconic stations in India, with its high tin roofs, bustling crowds, the rhythmic chugging of trains pulling out of the station, the smell of strong filter coffee and freshly made Vada-Sambar titillating your olfactory senses.
And then, the people of StreetArtChennai decided to go a step further and paint the city, and its railway station, in a whirl of bright colours and fantastic designs.
Making Chennai just so much more awesome.
A group of Indian and international artists got together to plaster the city in really cool, awe-inspiring street art. And here are some of the pictures of their work, from start to the very chic end-result.
1. Madhubala at the Casino Cinema
Ranjit Dahiya (Mumbai)
2. Futuristic Sumo wrestlers at the Egmore station
Amitabh Kumar (Bangalore)
3. Tigers from space
4. Cat at Egmore Station
Anpu Varkey (Delhi)
5. The Old lady at the Greenways Road MRTS Station
Coincidence? *Mind blown*:
Axel Void (Miami)
6. Platform No.4 at Egmore Station
7. A Mural on the side of a cinema hall
SatOne (Munich)and M.P. Dakshna (Chennai)
8. The Kotturpuram MRTS Station
9. At the Greenways Road Station
Shilo Shiv Suleman (Bangalore)and M.P. Dakshna (Chennai)
10. At the Egmore Station Platform
11. Egmore Platform, Again
These pictures are only some of the many painted all over the streets of Chennai under Conquer The Concrete , a maiden venture of Street Art Chennai, held from Jan 20- Feb 7, 2015.