Chinese President Xi Jinping visited India on a two-day informal summit by visiting Mamallapuram in Tamil Nadu.
After burning some calories, the motive was to serve lip-smacking tasty delicacies that have the authenticity of Tamil Nadu's food palette and included local ingredients.
1. Karuvepillai Meen Varuval - a griddle-cooked dish with fish flavoured in curry leaves.
2. Yerachi Ghetti Kozhambu - mutton cubes cooked with spices and coriander.
3. Mamsam Biryani - type of biryani made with long-grain rice cooked with tender lamb.
4. Thakkali Rasam - made with spiced extracts of tomato.
5. Malabar Lobster - spiny lobster cooked in spices from Kerala.
6. Thanjavur Kozhi Curry - chicken curry from Tamil Nadu's Tanjore.
If that wasn't appetizing enough, the desserts included - Ada Pradhaman, rice palettes cooked with jaggery and coconut milk, Kavanarasi Halwa, a pudding made with black rice and Mukkani ice cream, a southern specialty ice cream.