‘Human lightbulb’ Deepak Jangra’s story is electrifying. As reported by Daily Mail , wonder boy Deepak can withstand 11,000 volts of electricity passing through his body, without feeling a thing.

He believes it is a ‘gift from God’ and calls himself extremely privileged.

He discovered this talent when he was repairing his mother’s heater and he accidentally touched a live wire with his screw driver but emerged unscathed.

Two weeks later, while examining his DVD player, the same thing happened again. This was, apparently, when Jangra realised that he was ‘special’.

Source: Daily Mail

Three years on, Deepak has experimented with electronic gadgets by the dozen. The outcome is always the same – the devices would stop working and not a scratch on him.

Light bulbs, TV wires, an electric woodcutter and even an electrical water pump, Deepak realised that he “could cope with 110 volts, 240 volts, 440 volts and my curiosity kept on growing. I wanted to know more and more. How much I could actually cope with?’

Source: Daily Mail

Curiosity got the best of Deepak, when he decided to climb an electric pole in his village and touch the 11,000 voltage high-tension wire that lights up his village.

Can you believe what happened next? Absolutely nothing. Deepak Jangra was unhurt and elated. “I was hanging from the pole touching the wires and I think people thought I was crazy,” Deepak recalls.

Source: Daily Mail

While the true intensity of a shock(amount of current) is actually measured in amperes, here is some perspective. Gaurav Singh, an electrical engineer from Delhi said “‘Even if a man is standing five meters away he can get pulled by the high-tension wire and burn to death. If a person touches 11,000 volts, he wouldn’t get a shock – he would die instantly.

Today, Deepak is the go-to man to repair electronic equipment and electric fault lines in Sonipat, Haryana.

Source: Daily Mail

But he refuses to profit from his ‘talent’. “I work with my bare hands without any pliers or other equipment. But I don’t charge anything, I don’t make any money.”

His widowed mother, baffled by her 16-year old son’s astonishing ability, believes that “…it is the blessing of his late father. His father passed away in October 2011 and in April 2012 he found he had this talent.”

Source: Daily Mail

“…I have tested myself over and over again and I will never get hurt. I can touch a live wire with my tongue and I know nothing will happen to me,” a confident Deepak believes.

Nonetheless, what Deepak does is life-threatening. ‘Electricity has the potential to kill or seriously injure anyone unfortunate enough to come in to contact with it, so it is baffling that someone would voluntarily put themselves at such risk,” experts warn.

Source: Daily Mail

Don’t try this at home, okay?

H/t Daily Mail