Indians are travelling like never before and going to countries all over the world. But a lot of us seem to forget that what we seek abroad, we can find as easily in our own country. This doesn’t mean that one shouldn’t travel abroad, but it does mean that one should travel within India and witness all its marvels before we step out into the world. So here are a few places you should visit in India before you visit their counterparts abroad.
1. Before you get lost in the beauty of Switzerland,
Find your piece of paradise in Kashmir.
2. Before you get drenched at the Niagara Falls,
Get drenched at the Chitrakoot Falls in Chhattisgarh.
3. Before you surf the sands of the Sahara,
Tame the dunes of the Thar.
4. Before you visit the Bonneville Salt Flats in America,
Visit the Rann of Kutch in Gujarat.
5. Before you take a trip to Madagascar,
Take a trip to the Andamans.
6. Before you chill on the beaches of Brazil,
Give the beaches of Goa a chance.
7. Before you go “Woah” about the bridges in Taiwan,
Go “Hoodi-Baba” at Howrah Bridge in Kolkata.
8. Before you feast your eyes on the flowers in Antelope Valley in the U.S.A,
Drink in the colours of the Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand.
9. Before you hear the roar of the African Lion,
Be awed by the majesty of the Royal Bengal Tiger.
10. If it’s French architecture you crave, why go all the way to Saigon in Vietnam,
When you can see it all in Pondicherry in India?
11. Before taking a stroll in a Japanese flower garden,
Take a romantic walk in Nainital.
12. Before you get dwarfed by the statue of “Christ The Redeemer” in Brazil,
Get dwarfed by Saint Thiruvalluvar’s statue in Kanyakumari.
13. And before you take selfies at the Arc de Triomphe in France,
Feel proud and take one at India Gate in New Delhi.
“Your vision becomes clear when you look inside your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.” – Carl Jung