Four storeys of a high-rise building in Lower Parel were gutted in fire after a stray cracker reportedly landed on its terrace. The incident happened on Tuesday at Marathon Nexgen Innova, a 10-storey commercial complex at around 10:30 pm. Eight fire engines, six water tankers, and a turntable ladder were called in the and the fire was doused in two hours, reports Mumbai Mirror.
No casualties were reported as the building was closed due to Diwali.
According to reports, due to heavy vehicular traffic in the area, firemen arrived late at the site.They also said that the building’s firefighting instruments were not working and are planning to serve a notice, reports The Times of India.
The incident comes days after two persons were killed when a fire broke out on the 20th floor of a famous tower in Cuffe Parade, south Mumbai. The fire was caused due to short circuit and it took two hours to control it.
(Feature image source: Twitter| Mumbai Mirror)