Three years after Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation of the new Parliament building in New Delhi, the Centre is all set to inaugurate the house on May 28. The new Parliament House is a part of the Central Vista Redevelopment Project implemented by the Union Ministry of Urban Housing and Development. According to its official website, the government has revealed the need to create the new Parliament building citing reasons like ‘narrow seating space’, ‘distressed infrastructure’ and ‘inadequate workspace’ in the existing iconic and historic circular building.
The Centre has now unveiled graphical images of the new triangular Parliament building and it is definitely a treat to the eyes.
1. The design of the new Parliament building
2. Differently-abled-friendly Parliament building
3. Banyan, the national tree at the Open Central Courtyard
4. The National bird, Peacock-themed Lok Sabha
5. The National flower lotus-themed Rajya Sabha
6. ‘State-Of-The-Art’ Constitutional Hall
7. Ultra-modern office spaces
8. Entrance lobby of the Lok Sabha
9. The Central lounge for members’ interactions
10. Constitutional Gallery for public
For the unversed, Sengol, the historic sceptre from Tamil Nadu, will also be installed in the new Parliament House, Home Minister Amit Shah had announced on Wednesday, Livemint reported. Sengol is the sacred symbol of fair and equitable governance.
The graphical images are taken from the official website of Central Vista (www.centralvista.gov.in)