‘Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It’s about impact, influence and inspiration.’
Those words explain why Sushma Swaraj was such a great leader. Her tenure as a union minister and presence as a public figure was all about creating a positive influence on people.
However, despite holding serious positions throughout her career, she always knew how to keep things breezy and fun. Whether it was a witty comeback or a funny remark, she made Twitter a happier place by being a part of it.
Here, we look at some of the instances when her tweets made us laugh.
1. A guy once tweeted to her complaining about his faulty refrigerator and she gave the coolest answer in response.
Brother I cannot help you in matters of a Refrigerator. I am very busy with human beings in distress. https://t.co/cpC5cWBPcz— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) June 13, 2016
2. And then there was a guy who tweeted about his faulty car. Sushma Swaraj had a very practical solution for that too.
I am so sorry. Please take your Car to a workshop. https://t.co/J9fFlTyTYh @babuenterprises— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) August 9, 2016
3. Now, Sushma Swaraj was known for her helpful gestures and so it didn’t come as a surprise that people sometimes had really odd requests. Like this one guy who asked if ‘Bali is safe for travelling’. This is how she responded.
I will have to consult the volcano there. https://t.co/bv2atzWtZg— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) August 8, 2018
4. She was so funny, people started doubting if she was the one handling her account. She nicely proved that she was.
Certainly it’s not Sushma Swaraj who is doing this tweets. Some PR guy is doing his / her duty for what they being paid for !!— Samit (@samitpadhy) March 31, 2019
Rest assured – it’s me, not my ghost. https://t.co/qxCeKUJ0uJ— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) March 31, 2019
5. When told that she is funnier than Rahul Gandhi, she dismissed the competition with a hilarious tweet.
You are much more humorous than Rahul Gandhi 😂😂— MDH Wale Kaka (IMMORTAL) (@trolling_daddy) April 3, 2019
Then I should stop being humorous. https://t.co/9wC3lsbo7Y— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) April 3, 2019
6. A guy who thought he could get away with making fun of someone’s English, was shut nicely by her because Sushma Swaraj was really savage when she wanted to be.
bhai hindi ya punjabi me hi likh deta..— Sourabh Das (@sourabhdas111) March 11, 2019
There is no problem. After becoming Foreign Minister, I have learnt to follow English of all accents and grammar. https://t.co/2339A1Fea2— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) March 11, 2019
7. A girl tweeted to Sushma Swaraj saying that she wishes the minister had a son. Not the one to miss such comments, her reaction was all of us.
Sushma Swaraj is so damn cute 🙂 I wish she had a son…I would have left the whole world for his mom 😛— Neha Gupta (@ne_hah) August 9, 2016
This is interesting. https://t.co/ehFYGmiEgb— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) August 9, 2016
8. And of course, the classiest reply of them all.
Even if you are stuck on the Mars, Indian Embassy there will help you. https://t.co/Smg1oXKZXD— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) June 8, 2017