If one had but a single glance to give the world, one should gaze on Istanbul. – Alphonse de Lamartine.
For the past two weeks, that's what I've been doing - gazing at Istanbul like a star-crossed lover. Thanks to the internet, of course. Let's be real, we can't afford to go there unless some wealthy sultan offered to sponsor the trip.
So, I decided to share my misplaced sense of wanderlust with you today that we may be united together to fantasise about Istanbul.
Because, come on, have you LOOKED at these pictures?!
1. This is what it must feel like to be in an Arabian Nights' story.
2. That's the kind of wall you could lean on and not worry about a thing in the world!
3. Just look at that hypnotising sunset and that majestic AF bird. There isn't a sight in the world like it! I'll bet my last buck on it.
4. This. Is. So. Lit. LITERALLY!
I mean who even cares about the Golden Bridge anymore?!
5. Imagine being lost among these ruins... just imagine.
6. These minarets can be seen from anywhere in the city; but, I'd much rather you just linger here for good.
7. Words do not begin to describe my fantastical amazement for Istanbul!
8. How can this East-meets-West-city be so vastly different and yet so similar?!
9. This is NOT a painting. I repeat, THIS IS NOT A PAINTING!
This is a TOUR!
10. Just looking at this scene will make you feel like you're being blessed by the gods.
11. This is what the dream world is made of; and it's really a place!
12. This is NOT the cover of a book; this is a sight in Istanbul AND you can go here.
13. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, THIS is what a park looks like in Istanbul.
Never going back to the locality park again.
14. What magical monument is this bewitching structure and can we not live here?!
15. You want to live and rule here; you know it!
And also walk through those turquoise blue doors and take a lot of pictures.
16. This is like the ultimate destination you've been working your sorry ass off for.
17. Let's face it; you wouldn't mind getting lost in these streets. At all!
18. Once upon a time in a land far, far away...
19. ... you imagined living in a castle like this where the blue of the sky met the blue of the water and somehow, you didn't drown and go to heaven...
20. Because, guess what, heaven was right there in the middle of the ocean and the sky!
And you were there, too!
21. Gist: Heaven is a place on Earth. And it is called Istanbul!
22. LOOK. AT. THAT. VIEW. AND. HOLD. YOUR. BEATING. HEART.
23. Imagine dining at this place!
24. And eating Turkish delicacies...
25. I know you could frame this up but wouldn't you want be IN that frame?!!
26. That's it! Red is now the best colour in the world and sunsets are worth living and dying for.
27. Or we could very well just live on a boat that is docked at this city for good. Works!
28. THIS IS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF AND YOU WANT TO BE LIVING THIS DREAM!
29. Someone please hand me a tissue box as I cry my eyes out over this beauty that I desperately want to witness!
30. Sunsets have NEVER - I repeat, NEVER - looked this breathtaking. PERIOD!
I just gasped and my heart just skipped a beat.
31. Time travel is real and it transports you straight to Istanbul!
32. If all you did was walk for the rest of your life on this road, would it be such a bad life?
I think not.
33. Or stand at these railings and peak over the Bosphorous - that would be a good way to live, yes.
34. Or waking up to this every single day for the rest of your entire life. Yep. Where do we sign up?
35. JUST when you thought you had seen all the beauty of the land... BAM! THIS!
36. These streets are the ones poets write about and musicians sing about!
37. I will live on the street that is in front of this magnificent structure as a street urchin if I have to!
I'm ready to run away to Istanbul and live out the rest of my days there.
My life's mission will then be complete!