Manohar Parrikar spoke about the Uri attack at a press conference in New Delhi on Wednesday. The Defense Minister admitted ‘something’ may have gone wrong.
Not saying specifically on this incident, but if I want I can have a knee-jerk reaction: Manohar Parrikar pic.twitter.com/DM8OS8Esay— ANI (@ANI_news) September 21, 2016
The statement comes within three days of the deadly Fidayeen attack in which 18 soldiers lost their lives and just a day after Indian army in Kashmir foiled two infiltration bids on the LOC.
Here are the top 5 things Manohar Parrikar said on the Uri attack:
- “Something may have gone wrong there. It is a sensitive matter. I believe in zero error. “
- “As a nation should ensure this is not repeated again and again. I will take steps to ensure it doesn’t go wrong again.
- “Not saying specifically on this incident, but if I want I can have a knee-jerk reaction.”
- “I normally prefer to implement things than talk. “
- “PM’s Statement that ‘those behind Uri attack will not go unpunished’, will not remain a mere statement.”
According to reports, the army killed at least 10 militants yesterday, even though the search for the bodies is still on in the higher reaches of Uri and Naugam sectors of Baramulla and Tangdhar districts respectively.