So, after Sadhana and Vivek get married in Hum Saath Saath Hain, their family decides to give them one saga of a reception - introducing everyone from saas-sasur to chhote-natkhat devars in small skits, set against the backdrop of popular songs.
Now, Parineeti Chopra described the sangeet function something like this, and we immediately connected the dots.
"For our Sangeet, the Chopra family decided to depict Mimi did and Nick's love story through songs, scenes and skits - full Bollywood style."
For our SANGEET, the Chopra family decided to depict Mimi didi and Nick’s love story though songs, scenes and skit - full bollywood style!!! The whole family rehearsed for days and days. And were ready to beat the Jonas side hollow!!! But when the ladka wallas came on stage, they stumped us. They had been rehearsing for a long time. They sang and danced LIVE, including lip syncing hindi songs!!!!!! Damn, we should have known. 😂 All of this - but the spirit of competition was overpowered with love, happiness, laughs, whistles, cheering and noise!!! Wow wow wow. WHAT A NIGHT. P.S. We shared the trophy 🏆
One can actually find parallels between the pictures that #Nickyanka brigade shared and the song video.
1. The hum saath saath hain bit.
2. The girls cheering in unison bit.
3. The happy couple giggling at their relatives' silliness bit.
4. The kandhe pe uthana bit.
5. This haath-mein-haath bit.
6. The bhai-bhai pose.
7. The clapping in admiration bit.
8. And last but not the least, although not from the same movie, but another one of Sooraj Barjatya's gem - Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. This ladkewale versus ladkiwale cricket match totally reminded us of the similar match in the movie.
As if this wasn't crazy enough, the two teams in the movie wear caps reading 'Boy' and 'Girl', making it a ladkewale versus ladkiwale match indeed. Coincidence?
Watch the whole video here.
Design Credits - Lucky Mehendiratta.