After waiting for over a year, we're five episodes into Game of Thrones season 7 and so far, we are enjoying every bit of it. But as it happens with the show every year, there are hundreds and thousands of fan theories that are floating everywhere on the internet. And even after we read them all, we have our reservations when it comes to actually believing them.
Five out of seven episodes of the current season are out already and let's be honest, a lot has happened that has really surprised us. Well, not all of us.
In October last year, Reddit user dimbismp put up some spoilers for season 7 and while it looked like just another fan putting up some theories for the upcoming season, we can now safely say that the user was pretty much on point.
Here's what the Redditor predicted about the first 5 episodes and incidentally all of these predictions have turned out to be true. So far, all of these have happened already.
1. Dany is going to Dragonstone first. This will happen at the end of E01.
2. Dorne will be out of the way in the first couple of episodes.
3. Arya has become a "killing machine". First thing she does this season is kill all the remaining Frey sons. After that she heads towards Winterfell and she encounters Nymeria.
4. Bran will cross the Wall during E01. He will arrive at Winterfell by E03.
5. Euron's fleet destroys Yara's, kills two of the Sand Snakes and captures Ellaria. Theon abandons Yara.
6. Jon meets Dany at E03. He is summoned by Dany, who wants him to bend the knee, but he refuses. Eventually, with the help of Tyrion, he swears fealty in exchange her help in the war against the White Walkers. Tyrion and Jon have a few scenes together.
7. Jon doesn't want people to know that he was resurrected. So he stops Davos from telling Dany.
8. Jorah won't have any scenes at Essos next season. He will be cured at Oldtown by Sam.
9. The Lannisters take on the Martells and the Tyrells pretty easily during the first couple of episodes. Jaime turns out to be a great commander.
10. Olenna acknowledges that she was behind Joffrey's assassination.
11. Arya arrives at Winterfell at E04.
12. Theon has a small reunion scene with Jon. Jon tells him that he won't kill him because he saved Sansa.
13. Jorah reunites with Dany by E05.
14. Gendry is at King's Landing making weapons. Davos makes a joke about him "still rowing" when he sees him.
15. Dany burns a few rulers who didn't bend the knee, including the Tarlys. Tyrion and Varys worry about her turning into a Mad Queen.
16. Cersei is pregnant.
17. Jon needs to provide proof that the Undead are real. So he goes beyond the Wall with the Hound, Beric, Thoros and Tormund to capture one.
So far, all his predictions have been true and we're totally sold on the precise nature of his revelations. But it doesn't end there.
The Reddit user has further predicted the events of the remaining episodes as well and in all likelihood, they will be true as well.
Step away from this post if you don't want any SPOILERS.
1. Sansa realises she's being played by Littlefinger (he tries to set Sansa and Arya against each other) by the end of the season with help from Bran. Littlefinger won't survive this. Arya will be the executioner. Both Sansa and Arya will survive.
2. Jon won't find out his true parentage this season. Bran and Sam will piece it together though.
3. Varys doesn't want the throne. He's genuinely acting out of a desire to have a king or queen rule that will look out for the interests of the people of Westeros rather than just their own.
4. Beric Dondarrion will be killed by the White Walkers.
5. Benjen Stark will make a cameo.
6. We'll get a flashback from Rhaegar and Lyanna's wedding.
7. Viserion will die at the Night's King's hand and be reborn as his mount.
8. Jon, Hound, Beric, Thoros and Tormund succeed in capturing a white walker but Beric and Viserion die in the process.
They bring the Undead to King's Landing (they have a temporary truce with the Lannisters) and they show him to Cersei at the Dragonpit. She loses her shit. She agrees to unite their armies against the White Walkers. But at the last moment,she betrays them and doesn't send troops, so that the White Walkers will thin out their forces.
Jaime is mad and leaves her. He rides North to join the armies.
9. Gradually they (Jon and Dany) grow to admire each other and they have sex at the end of episode 7. They will be together for most of the season. The Wall will fall at the end of the season, while Jon and Dany have sex.
The events from the first five episodes have happened already and we're keenly looking forward to the remaining episodes. We'll have to wait until the end of the season to know if the plot predicted on this thread is in fact true. In the meanwhile, you can read the full thread here.