The cricket World Cup is starting in less than 15 days and we couldn't be more excited. Now, while we look forward to days of action-packed games, let's check your knowledge on the tournament a bit.
1. Who was the first bowler to claim a hat-trick in a World Cup match?
2. Which bowler has the unique record of taking 4 or more wickets in a match, in 4 World Cups?
3. In the 1987 World Cup, a captain agreed to change the opposition's 4 to a 6 and his team ended up losing by 1 run. Who was he?
4. In the 1975 World Cup, this player became the first to be dismissed hit-wicket in ODI history.
5. Which player has the record of taking the most catches in World Cup history?
6. Which bowler has taken the most wickets on consecutive deliveries in a World Cup match?
7. Which batsman has gotten out for a duck the most number of times in the World Cup?
8. Which cricketer has scored the most runs through boundaries in a World Cup innings?
9. Headingley Cricket Ground has hosted the most number of World Cup matches. Can you tell how many?
10. With 688 runs, Australia and Sri Lanka have the highest match aggregate in a WC match. Where was the match played?
11. Which was the first World Cup to be held outside England?
12. Which was the first World Cup where white balls were used?
13. How many World Cup finals have been played at Lord’s?
14. Sachin Tendulkar is the highest run-getter in the World Cup. How many World Cups has he played in?
15. Which bowler has conceded most runs in a World Cup innings?
16. There is only one player from South Africa in the list of top-10 wicket-takers in the World Cup. Who is he?
17. Which Indian bowler has the best average in the World Cup?
18. How old was Kapil Dev when he led India to World Cup victory?
19. Which umpire has been a part of the most number of World Cup matches?
20. Which cricketer has played the most number of World Cup matches as a captain?