Sure you must have visited Udaipur, but did you know that the beautiful city has much more to it than just the splendid lakes.
Here's a list of 30 things to do while you are in the city.
1. Go for a stroll at the Fatehsagar ki Paal, whether you want to witness the gorgeous sunrise or enjoy the night breeze.
2. Head over to Vinod Cafe for the best cold coffee and club sandwich in town while you are at the Fatehsagar ki Paal.
Foodie meet at Fatehsagar. .....oopss 🙌😛😛sorry it was 👐#wwim12 #todayimet @harshitsadhwani @samueldavid85 @hiteshsalvi79 @pravin_maheshwari ... #harshit's_friend & #manish ...😜😂😂😂 #coffee #coffeelover #food #instameet #मित्रलोग #engineers #foodgasm #foodporn #todayimet_coffee #photography #ASUS #foodphotography #foodiemeets #likeforlike #recentforrecent #imstafood #vscofood #likes #foodiepeoples #udaipur #udaipurfoodie #vinodcafe #Fs #wwim #wwim12
3. Visit Under The Sun, India's largest fish aquarium, close to Vibhuti Park at the Fatehsagar Lake.
The place has approximately 180 species of marine and freshwater fishes. Photography is permitted inside the fish aquarium which makes it even more exciting as you can carry memories with you.
4. Go speed boating at the Fatehsagar Lake if an adrenaline rush is what you seek.
You can go in a group of ten and enjoy the thrilling ride and mesmerizing beauty of the lake.
5. Visit Nehru Park, an island located in the centre of the Fatehsagar Lake.
You can eat at the boat-shaped restaurant here, and get yourself clicked in the traditional Rajasthani dresses you get on rent.
6. Capture the breathtaking views of the Udaipur Solar Observatory situated in the centre of the Fatehsagar Lake.
It hosts Asia's biggest telescope. While the observatory is not open for public, you can see the building quite distinctly even from a distance.
7. Appreciate the beauty of the Pichola Lake, one of the oldest lakes in the city.
You'll fall in love with the place and its picturesque sights if you visit it in night.
8. Witness the rich cultural heritage of the city at the Jagmandir Palace right in the centre of the Pichola Lake.
It is built on one of the two natural island in the lake.
9. Book a lavish stay at the Lake Palace, the beautiful hotel-cum-resort which was once open to the public.
10. Enjoy the scenic view of Udaipur from the Dudh Talai Lake, a small pond situated near the Pichola Lake.
11. Experience the magic of music at the musical garden around the Dudh Talai Lake.
The park that goes by the name of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Park has Rajasthan's first musical fountain.
12. Take an adventurous rope-way ride from the top of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Park up to the Karni Mata Temple.
You can also take the stairs to this world-famous temple from the park.
13. Visit the Neemach Mata Temple that is located on the top of a hill at around 850 metres, to get a panoramic view of the entire city.
The temple is also known as the vaishno devi of Udaipur and can be reached only on foot.
Do you believe in love at first sight? Clicked by: @gunny2008 #udaipur #neemachmatatemple #instaudaipur #rajasthan #udaipurdiaries #indiapictures #_soi #incredibleindia #beautifulindia #beautifulplaces #india #delhi #Bangalore #chennai #mumbai #ahmedabad #jaipur #pune #lonelyplanetindia #heaven #scenic #shades #lakeview #lake #landscape
14. Sit yourself down at the Badi Lake, situated around 12 km from the main city.
The special tourist attraction of this place is the artistic kiosks which have historical engravings. You can sit here for hours and can adulate the beauty of the 'city of lakes' in its truest sense.
15. Witness a splendid sunrise at the Sajjangarh Fort amidst the magnificent Aravalli Hills.
Looming at a great height, the fort offers an exhilarating bird's eye view of Udaipur city overlooking the two lakes – the Pichola & Fatehsagar.
16. Hang out with your friends at the Sukhadia Circle Garden.
You can take a horse and camel ride around the circle, or also do boating in the little pond in the centre of the circle.
17. Treat yourself to the delicious street food at the Sukhadia Circle Chowpatty.
There's an open food court that offers almost everything you can think of eating from pao bhaji and bhel, to falooda and gol gappe.
18. Shop for traditional bandhej at Bapu Bazar and Sindhi Bazar, and for handmade mojris at Hathipole.
19. Relax at the Goverdhan Sagar Lake situated on the outskirts of Udaipur.
The serene ambience of this place is a must-go if you want a break from the city life.
20. Learn about the life and devotion of Mira Bai at the ship-shaped museum on the banks of the Goverdhan Sagar.
21. Get yourself clicked amidst the beauty of Ambrai Ghat situated near the Pichola Lake.
You can also have a romantic candlelight dinner at the Ambrai Restaurant here.
22. Admire the historical architecture of the City Palace, situated on the banks of Lake Pichola.
This fort houses 11 other palaces, several temples, and gardens.
23. Pay your tributes at the Jagdish Temple, which is the largest temple in Udaipur, at the City Palace complex.
This three-storeyed temple is known for its amazing architecture and beautiful pillar carvings.
24. Visit the Vintage Car Museum located just opposite to Gulab Bagh.
This museum exhibits several vintage cars and all of them are in the working condition.
25. If you happen to visit the city in winters, check out Shilpgram in Udaipur which is a popular crafts fair organized every year.
26. Cherish the grand views of the Kumbhalgarh Fort situated 64 km from the city of Udaipur.
The fort is known to have the second largest wall in the world after the Great Wall of China.
27. Explore the nature at the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary while you are the fort.
This is the only sanctuary in Rajasthan where you can easily spot wolves roaming around.
28. Visit the Saas Bahu Temple in Nagda, just 20 km away from the city.
This shrine dedicated to Lord Vishnu is known for its unique sculptures and architecture.
29. Spend some quality time amidst the beautiful fountains and greens at the Saheliyon ki Bari.
30. Show your love for the city in front of the Udaipur signage.
You'll find this sign at the Pratap Park besides Lake Pichola.
😂😂आज जी लो कल का भरोसा नही दे रहे है 😉😋वो अगले जनम की ख़बर जिनको अगले ही पल का भरोसा नही😂😂 . . PC: @yashus_world #lakecity #cityoflakes #udaipurrajasthan #udaipurblog #mightyudaipur #apnaudaipur #tajlakepalace #ambraiview #ambraighat #fatehsagarlake #myudaipurcity #instaudaipur #apnoudaipur #cafeudaipur #waterfun #swimming #summer #myrajasthanclicks #mewarudaipur #gangaurghat #picholalake #chundapalace #cafesevilla #snapedit #udaipur #udaipurdiaries #udaipurlove #udaipurcity